Thursday, September 10, 2009

Carpenter Group is Blogging... we've finally joined this decade!

I know, I know...but better late than never! Yes, we're behind the curve a little, but we've only recently decided to increase our web presence. I'd personally like to thank the marketing arm for the good swift kick. Been meaning to do this for a couple years.

Like most other accomplishments, it didn't occur without a plan. I've been saying it for years... have a plan, follow the plan, adjust the plan as required by any roadblocks encountered, and follow through until completion. I listened to my own advice. Kind of like self-induced business coaching.

Once I identified the goal, it became a matter of plotting a direction to achieve the goal. Years in Six Sigma taught me to organize the tasks required into an easily read form... like a Gantt Chart. Next establish a time line for the tasks. Then get at it... it's time to enact the plan created.

But here's the thing, self-induced coaching doesn't work for all people. If you aren't motivated or goal oriented, this could be a recipe for disaster!  I've experienced one too many in this latest economic decline.
Who needs another disaster!

That's just one of the aspects of enlisting a coach. Coaches will keep you engaged, keep you motivated, and help you determine how you define success.

Today's Quote
Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.- William Faulkner

No comments:

Post a Comment